Category Archives: Gay Bars and Clubs
16 REASONS WHY NOW IS THE BEST TIME
TO VISIT PUERTO VALLARTA
As the Peso lowers, bargain hunters
will find great deals in Paradise
With the Mexican Peso at an all-time low, with average exchange rate between $15-$17 pesos to the US dollar, Americans and Canadians looking for last minute deals to Puerto Vallarta will find that this is a travelers market.Puerto Vallarta is one of Mexico’s top tourism destination. Known for its 100-year-old historic center, the heart of the destination, it is alive with authentic culture, art, nightlife and a range of award-winning traditional and international restaurants.
Beyond the downtown area, Puerto Vallarta makes for a vacation full of activities that all can enjoy. From strolling along Puerto Vallarta’s lively Malecón (beach boardwalk) while relishing in free outdoor live entertainment like the nightly Papantla flying dancers, to riding zip lines across tree tops or swimming with dolphins and sea lions, taking a cooking class at one of the traditional restaurants or enjoying a guided tour of the local art galleries, visitors of all ages can share memorable moments during their fun-filled visit.
FOLLOWING ARE 16 BARGAINS TO ENJOY NOW
- Dinner at Top Restaurants – Puerto Vallarta is home to over 300 restaurants ranging from internationally renowned establishments to mom-and-pap eateries offering dishes that go back generations. Dinner for two, including a three-course meal and a bottle of fine wine, at top iconic restaurants like La Palapa, Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton favorite beach-front eatery, where they brought all their celebrity friends to party, El Arrayan, famous for its exquisite traditional Mexican cuisine, or Barcelona Tapas, with its grand view of the Bay of Banderas and the city’s Downtown area, will cost less than $120 USD.
- Artisan Tequilas – Many ranches and haciendas around Puerto Vallarta offer half day and full day activities including horseback riding, hiking, quad bike excursions and a tour of the tequila plantation and distillery; including tasting of top artisan tequilas and the local raicilla, a spirit of pre-Hispanic origin made from the agave root. Top quality tequila and raicilla will set one back around $20 USD www.haciendadonaengracia.com / www.haciendaeldivisadero.com
- VIP Beach Clubs – Enjoy the beach with plenty of pampering and luxury offered by one of Puerto Vallarta’s beach clubs. Mantamar Beach club has day passes for as low as $350 pesos ($20 USD), with $250 pesos (nearly $15 USD) counted as credit towards food and drinks.
- Learn Spanish – Puerto Vallarta is a college town, home to international universities and private schools. A two-week Spanish immersion class at one of the many language centers located in Puerto Vallarta, which also offers the opportunity to learn about Mexican culture and traditions, costs as little as $150 USD a week. www.spanishexperiencecenter.
- Artworks for Collectors – From the many sculptures that line its Malecon (beach boardwalk) to the fine art galleries that house national and international works Puerto Vallarta is known for embracing the arts. Visitors can explore the town’s numerous arts offerings on the guided ArtWalk tour which operates daily from October to May, making stops at 15 local galleries in the historic downtown area. The ArtWalk is free and most galleries; like Galeria Colectika have not adjusted the prices on art pieces; providing visitors a great opportunity to acquire amazing works of art for a steal.
- San Sebastian del Oeste – A 90-minute drive east of Puerto Vallarta sends visitors back in time to a 17th century silver mining village nestled in the Sierra Madre Mountains. This sleeping town of 600 inhabitants is a colonial gem, filled with historic sites and great places to eat. Stoll around town at leisure or take guided tour. A round-trip taxi ride from Puerto Vallarta and back costs around USD $90.
- Your Own Private Beach – For travelers wishing to explore the natural oasis and warm Pacific Ocean waters in a secluded setting, Puerto Vallarta offers a variety of ways to enjoy their pristine secluded beaches. Take a round-trip water taxi ride out of Los Muertos Beach to secluded coves or isolated beaches like Colomitos, Las Animas, Boca de Tomatlan, Majahuitas, Quimixto, Playa El Caballo and many others. $20 USD per person.
- Charter a Private Boat. Spend the day at sea, snorkeling, fishing, swimming, island hopping or just sun bathing on your own private boat. Prices start at $866 for 8 hours www.pvmikesfishing.com/
- Viva Tequila Tour – Enjoy a Tequila tour and a live performance of traditional colorful Mexican folklore for about $60 USD a person. www.viviatequila.mx
- Boutique Hotels – Puerto Vallarta’s Downtown and Zona Romantica area is one of the most charming and authentic locations along Mexico’s Pacific Coast, teaming with enchanting boutique hotels, each with its own charm, unique personality and history; offering the warm and friendly personalized service Puerto Vallarta is reputed for. Rates are as low as $40 USD per night. www.visitpuertovallarta.com
- Mex-Ology: Tequila, Tacos and Mexican Cocktails Tour – Enjoy authentic Puerto Vallarta culture and dining on a unique taco tour with Vallarta Food Tours. Also a fun way to see the Downtown area and a great start to a night of festivities. www.puertovallartafoodtours.
- Become a Taco Expert – There are a couple of signs visitors must look out for before buying a taco. 1. Is the location popular? If you see a line of locals waiting to eat at the establishment that’s generally a good sign. 2. When buying tacos from a local street vendor make sure the food is served in plates covered with a plastic for hygiene. 3. There should always be at least two people working the stand, one to serve food and the other to handle payments. Try Ceviches el Güero or Tacos el Cunado where a taco costs less than $1 USD.
- Brunch at Canopy River – Take a ride to the middle of the Sierra Madre and enjoy a hearty Sunday Brunch amidst the varied and lush tropical flora and fauna of the rainforest surrounding Puerto Vallarta for less than $20 USD per person. www.canopytourspuertovallarta.
- Walk the Malecon – The Malecon is Puerto Vallarta’s heart and where everyone, both locals and tourists, gather for morning jogs, open air yoga classes and daytime or sunset strolls. It also has features some of the most delicious traditional street food, from tacos to corn on the cob with mayonnaise and chili, each for less than $1 USD.
- Colorful Local Celebrations – Visiting Puerto Vallarta during any of its local festivals or celebrations that take place monthly, presents a culturally rewarding experience and a chance to see the city through the cultural traditions of its people. From the Day of the Dead to the Gourmet Festival, most celebrations have activities that are free of charge. www.visitpuertovallarta.com
- Puerto Vallarta Tourism Board has been working with all its trade partners to offer exclusive discounts when booking is made on their site: www.visitpuertovallarta.com. Visitors can find discounts on activities and stays for as high as 50% off.
BACK AND BIGGER THAN EVER!
Latin Fever 2015 / White Party Puerto Vallarta
The bar has been raised on Los Muertos Beach, Puerto Vallarta!
About Seven years ago Michel Pascal Ferrari came to Puerto Vallarta from Switzerland and opened Trattoria Michels on Olas Atlas, just a block from the beach. Fine dining in a casual environment featuring classic and contemporary Italian and French cuisine. It consistently gets rave reviews.
Above the restaurant is his Olas Atlas Suites. Chic, sophisticated and stylish apartment suites that come in 3 different sizes.
So it’s no wonder, when a prime piece of real estate became available right on the beach, this savvy businessman saw an opportunity to bring chic, casual sophistication and style to the Los Muertos Beach!
Located just to the right (north) of Blue Chairs, Sapphire is a Restaurant, a Lounge, and an Ocean front beach club! A new multifaceted entertainment destination bringing a new level of casual sophistication to Puerto Vallarta´s vibrant day and night life. The whole complex is a block long.
The restaurant, Bistrot Local, is an exceptional ocean front dining experience. A view to die for. Enjoy the essence of the tropics while dining on Mediterranean specialties that blend the best of European style with the freshest local ingredients. Mahi Mahi, Tuna, Scallops, Shrimp, pork, Filet Mignon, salads, sandwiches, the ever changing menu has something for everyones palate.
Enjoy the ocean front sunsets while savoring grilled meats and fish and sipping one of the many wines from an extensive list.
Your host Michel Pascal Ferrari has combined the sophistication of his native Switzerland with the welcoming warmth of his adopted Mexico to create a unique space to savor and sip.
This is a dining experience not to be missed! And very reasonably priced.
Sapphire Ocean club features the finest amenities including a swimming pool, comfortable lounge chairs and cabañas, towel service, national and international drinks, and fabulous breakfast and lunch menus from an internationally experienced chef.
To control how crowded it gets, Sapphire requires a membership; but memberships come with lots perks!
Day pass is $200 pesos. (Week, Monthly and Annual Pass also available and come with additional benefits).
Whether soaking up the sun, taking a dip in the pool or playing with the available water toys, your day at Sapphire is sure to give you the perfect holiday experience.
Next too the pool are 3 suites available for rent, that are gorgeous! And a few more coming this October. This is prime beach ocean front real estate. You open your door in the morning, grab breakfast and enjoy the pool and the beach. It doesn’t get any better than this!
Can you imagine a wedding here? It can be done. Every event needs a venue but hosting your event at Sapphire makes it special. The ocean front setting on beautiful Banderas Bay provides the perfect backdrop for weddings, parties, business functions or any other special occasion. They can handle the catering, sound system, staging, you name it! The natural beauty of the location is combined with a sophisticated approach to event planning.
Sunshine, ocean breezes and discover the best place to spend your day in Puerto Vallarta! Sapphire.
Olas Atlas Suites – Suites are conveniently located in the heart of the Romantic Zone, just one-block from the beach.
Michels – Fine dining in a casual environment featuring classic and contemporary Italian and French cuisine.
Sapphire Ocean Club – Brisrot Local – Lounge. Gay Friendly, Straight Friendly, Pet Friendly, Gay Owned, Gay Staff, Mixed Clientele, Beachfront, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Casual, Gourmet, Ocean View, European, International, Mediterranean, Seafood, and Outside Seating!
Whether you are traveling alone or with a group, Gay Vallarta Bar Hopping is tons of fun! Experience the best personalized nightlife service, meet people from all over the world, and discover 7 of the best gay hot spots while you have a drink at each stop and are having the time of your life…..all in five hours.
This tour is a great way to see the clubs and make new friends, while visiting Puerto Vallarta!
Christian Serrano the owner says, “I decided to create the tour because so many clients I had would ask “what can we do tonight” or “what places do you recommend?” Sometimes they couldn’t find some places or got there too early or too late and missed the spirit of the venue. I wanted every visitor to experience the very best of Vallarta’s gay nightlife and fall in love with this magical town the same way I did.
The bar hopping tour is a unique service that I created using my 9 years of knowledge living in PV full time and going out a LOT hehe!! I also incorporated my customer service knowledge that I learned in school and working in the US for a national corporate restaurant chain.”
BOOK IN ADVANCE. Spaces are limited and some nights DO SELL OUT! Prices range from $60-$130 depending on the night and which liquor package is chosen and if dinner is included. (Dinner is included Friday and Saturday, but not on Thursdays).
Probably the most famous and popular LGBT hotel in Puerto Vallarta!
Blue Chairs Resort by the Sea Hotel, in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico, was launched in 1995 as the original gay hotel right on the beach with it’s own gay section of “blue chairs”.
Tourists coming to the city knew to go to the “blue chairs” to find the gays!
Since opening, they have done 2 renovations, always seeking to improve the space and they currently updating again, and should be finished by May/June 2015.
40+ comfortable and fine guestrooms classified in Partial Ocean View with or without Kitchenette, Ocean View, Ocean Front, Junior Suite and Master Suite, where you can find something to feel at home.
It’s LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION at Blue Chairs. You wake up, and stroll out the front door and can have breakfast or drinks right there on the beach. The restaurant/ bar Blue Chairs Resort Beach Club, has a wide assortment of offerings and priced extremely reasonable. Breakfast/lunch $4-$7. Most drinks for $3-$6.
Located on Malecon 4 and Almendro Streets, RIGHT ON THE BEACH FRONT, in one of the main zones of this wonderful port, encounter zone of the gay community, surrounded by commercial areas and beach, close to many of the attractions of our destination, so you will have a large list of options to visit, all very close by. The whole Romantica Zone is very walkable. Cabs will take you nearby for about $4-$8, if you don’t wish to walk.
Upstairs in the hotel the have go go gods nightly at around 5pm, and twice a week they offer shows featuring local impersonators and diva’s. The Blue Sunset Rooftop bar has daily Happy Hour 3pm – 11pm. And offer a Margarita’s on the rocks special, 3pm – 5pm!
The staff is super friendly here and are happy help you with any special requests or guidance. Someone is on duty 24 hours a day.
It may only be 40 rooms – but has A LOT to offer. Several levels of rooftop views, a pool on premise, restaurant and bar right at your door and the BEACH AND OCEAN, just steps away.
You will really have a hard time leaving the resort and the beach! But you must! You must get out and explore everything the wonderful gay Puerto Vallarta has to offer! – IF YOU DON’T STAY HERE, you will end up here. Everyone ends up at Blue Chairs for drinks, a show or the beach. So you might as well get a room!
|Malecon y Almendro 4, Emiliano Zapata, 48380 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
+52 322 222 5040 BLUE CHAIRS RESORT
Andrew Christian will be attending the Puerto Vallarta Pride event this year and has announced his participation at the fashion show scheduled for Friday, May 22, 2015 at 9.00pm in Mantamar Beach Club Bar & Grill.
He also confirmed that the international models Topher Dimaggio, Pablo Hernández, Diego Sans and Cheddy O will be wearing some of his best creations and his recent designs to delight the audience.
This is Puerto Vallarta’s third pride event with this year’s theme being “Unity” to represent the coming together of all lifestyles. The pride festival will be held from May 19 – 25, 2015, with events, movies, dance parties, beach parties, parades, and more scheduled throughout many of the city venues.
The fashion event will be complemented with the participation of Liquid Men and Amsterdam PV, two local boutiques, which will be presenting their own clothing lines and exclusive accessories during the catwalk.
General admission is $20USD ($ 290 pesos) and VIP admission, which includes preferred seating, a complimentary drink, waiter service and a meet & greet after the gateway, is $30USD ($435 pesos). Tickets can be purchased NOW.
The Vallarta Pride 2015 Organizing Committee is thrilled to have Andrew Christian at the Pride Festival and is pleased to confirm that the participation of other celebrities, as well as the tentative schedule and venues for all events will be announced in the upcoming days.
COMEDY DRAG ICON COCO PERU
LIVE! AT THE PALM
The Palm Cabaret and Bar is excited to announce the return of popular comedienne, monologist and film and television personality, Miss Coco Peru, in Coco Peru Live!, February 2 -15.
Recognizable by her trademark copper-toned flip hairdo, Miss Coco is the iconic drag persona of American actor and comedian Clinton Leupp. He is a native of City Island, New York and a 1983 graduate of Cardinal Spellman High School in the Bronx, New York.
For more than twenty years, Miss Coco Peru has starred in various one-woman shows across the U.S. and other countries, including Puerto Vallarta, where audiences fell in love with her last season. Coco has also hosted numerous LGBT events, and is well-known for her many hilarious movie roles and her series of live theater performances. She starred in Richard Day’s ‘Girls Will Be Girls’ and was one of six performers featured in the Logo original stand-up comedy series, Wisecrack.
Coco has also appeared in a number of other supporting and guest-starring roles in film and television, including a memorable and hilarious appearance in the 1999 independent film, Trick. Other supporting and guest-starring roles include Will & Grace, Arrested Development, and Twins. She also appeared in the Bravo network’s reality series Boy Meets Boy, Welcome to the Parker, Wigstock, and the very successful film To Wong Foo – Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar with Hollywood heavyweights Patrick Swayze, Wesley Snipes and John Leguizamo. Coco also voiced the role of ‘Mama Hippo’ in the 2006 Disney animated feature The Wild, and appeared in an Orbitz TV commercial that was later nominated for a GLAAD Media Award. Since 2005, Coco has hosted the ‘Conversations with Coco’ series in which she interviews and celebrates the lives and careers of some of the LGBT community’s favorite icons including Bea Arthur, Lesley Ann Warren, Karen Black, Lily Tomlin, Liza Minnelli and Jane Fonda.
In Coco Peru Live!, she performs some of her favorite monologues and songs spanning her long career, as well as some new material. Whether you’ve heard all or some of these stories, or if you’re a Coco virgin, come see why Lily Tomlin called Coco “one of the last great storytellers” and experience the trailblazing Queen who elevated drag, whilst still wearing sensible heels. It’s sure to be hysterical! Online tickets may be purchased at The Palm’s website, please see link below.
Also playing at The Palm is Vallarta favorite Spencer Day, who is back for a second engagement beginning Jan. 30 – Feb. 8. Hot Argentinian duo Bohemia Viva! is also appearing through Feb.3rd, along with popular strings and vocals quartet Well-Strung, now playing through Feb. 6th.
Returning in February to The Palm is Dragapella Quartet – The Kinsey Sicks with two new shows beginning Feb 9 – Mar. 1st., and making her Palm debut will be drag comedienne Miss Richfield 1981, Feb. 11 – 24 (see calendar for more information and showtimes).
The Palm is well-known for bringing top notch, cutting-edge entertainment to Vallarta. Inside you’ll find an intimate, completely refurbished 90-seat cabaret with outstanding sound and lighting, creating the ambiance of cabarets from days gone by. Shows are scheduled seven days per week with two different shows nightly through April, 2015. The Palm also offers matinees at 4:00 p.m. on selected shows.
The Palm is non-smoking (a patio is provided for smokers) and is located at Olas Altas #508, in Zona Romantica. Tickets may be purchased online 24 hours a day, and at The Palm’s Box Office, open at 11:00 a.m. daily. A full calendar of performances, information and online tickets are available at www.ThePalmPV.com. Box Office opens at 11:00 a.m. daily. You can also find the Palm on Facebook at The Palm Cabaret and Bar.
My first time in Puerto Vallarta was 1998…I think there were a couple gay bars but many LGBT people were slowly discovering PV.
NOW, my gosh! It just keeps growing and growing and getting gayer than ever!
The Romantic Zone, which is where all the action is, now has 5 gay hotels, 17 gay bars, 80 restaurants, three gay beach clubs three gay boat cruises, three dance clubs, two adult entertainment venues and one spa!
And PV is in the midst of an unprecedented array of upgrades and renovations with many new LGBTQ attractions, activities and hotels. It’s amazing to see the growth here over the last 15 years!
I know several Americans that have packed up from the US and moved here full time now. And you see more rainbow flags flying here every year!
It’s obvious the locals here are making this a great place to live, work and play in. It’s not just “gay friendly” – it’s gay inclusive and celebrates gay people with 100% acceptance. Everyone is welcome with open arms.
Latin Fever / Vallarta Fever / Bear Fever!
November 21-25 Thanksgiving Weekend!
VALLARTA FEVER 6 with BEAR FEVER and LATIN FEVER will be INCREDIBLE!!!!
HOST HOTELS : MORE VENUES : MORE EVENTS : MORE DJs : MORE PAPI BOIZ
Precios especiales para los ciudadanos mexicanos requieren prueba de residencia en la taquilla para llevar los boletos.
Special prices for Mexican Nationals require proof of residency at the box office before tickets will be issued.